Monday, October 25, 2010

Abilene Here We Come!

This past weekend we headed to Abilene (~500 mile drive) for my cousin's wedding!  I was super excited to get together with my Dad's side of the family.  Since I could get the weekend off, I figured, why not?  I'm not sure why walking into a completely clean hotel with an awesome tv (with cable) excited me so much - but it did.  The girls quickly reminded me of how un-baby proofed places are as they climbed onto the couch, to get onto the table.
We weren't there too long before we met up with everyone.  Cousin Jack helped with the girls as usual and guided them up to see Granny!  

It didn't take long before everyone had made it to Abilene - including my brothers!
Next thing you know, it was time to head out to the wedding.  The girls continued their amazing behavior in the car on the way to the wedding:
We drove through a cow pasture to get to the wedding site.  There were even bison (at least I think that's what they were...)
I enjoyed the setting - and the girls loved running around outside!!!

Due to the rain storms (yeah, we're in a drout, but the one weekend we're on the road, severe storms!), the wedding was inside the barn house.  I'm not sure how the pulled everything together with super cute decorations in such short a time!  But the girls liked it and danced like there was no tomorrow inside!

I'm having a hard time uploading pictures onto the blog at the moment - the majority of the pictures can be viewed here:


I was nervous about the 500 mile drive each way, but the girls were amazing - even if we did get a flat hitting a dead deer in the road!  (First pic is Maddie, second Tilly)


We seemed to be just ahead of a severe weather front - literally getting in the door as the tornado sirens went off!!!!  

I hope we get to see the family again soon!

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com