Wednesday, February 9, 2011

And I thought I lived in the South...

That is what I came home!  When I left for the hospital this morning about 6, it was clear, not a flurry in the sky - about an hour after we were there, the winter storm 2011 hit!  They let us go early, but there was already 3 inches on the ground!  It was beautiful, like the snow storms of my childhood.
  
I enjoyed moving my sewing table next to the window and just watching it snow! 
Bayer has finally gotten comfortable with the snow, and even enjoys playing fetch in it!
 By 3 this afternoon we had 6 inches, and I think we've gotten an inch more!


By now you've probably realized something's missing - the little ladies!  Since we knew school would be closed, and Josh and I would probably have to work, my in-laws were kind enough to offer to keep them.

I was super excited when they sent us some pictures of the girls in the snow.  Papaw said Maddie didn't want to come in!!!!
  Most people who know me, know that I have a really hard time letting the girls stay anywhere, and it kills me that I'm not out there playing with them!  But I guess that's the part of the road to being a doctor that I have to get used to.  I'm on pediatrics - and you spend one month doing outpatient clinics, and one month seeing kids that are in the hospital.  Well, those on clinics were off today, but those of us seeing patients in the hospital still had to come in - those patients are still there.  We still get it easier than the residents - we left right after rounds.  And tomorrow if we can't make it in, they won't make us; but for the residents, they have to be there tomorrow if it means sleeping at the hospital...guess I know what I have to look forward to...  We'll see if I have to work tomorrow - I hoping for a snow day!

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com