Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mommy, Matilda and Missouri



This past week was fall "break" - a break from school, but an increase in life. So, along with our trip to Ole Miss, I traveled up to Springfield Mo to visit a friend from graduate school (our masters program in Health Service Administration) and meet some folks where she works. I had the opportunity to take just one baby with me! I decided to take Matilda since she has been sleeping better at night. I really cherished the one on one time with the princess. Thursday was a whirlwind, but she did really well on the 3-4 hour drive up, and wonderfully with Amy's babysitter. She even STTN! Friday, we woke up and hung out for a while at Amy's, playing with Elizabeth's (Amy's 1 1/2 yr old) toys.


We stopped in Branson on our way home to do some shopping at the outlet malls (Carters, Osh-kosh, Children's Place etc...)! It was fun strolling with the tiny umbrella stroller, although Matilda wanted to climb out!

By the end shopping she was passed out!!!!

So, I am on this path where I am still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do when I am done. For a really long time I have wanted to do Ob/gyn, being more interested in the Ob than gyn - remember, I LOVE pregnant women! I have thought some about neonatal too, has to be momma/baby! Well, at St. John's, where Amy works, they have adopted the new trend of ob hospitalist/laborist. This is a doctor that works shifts in the hospital taking care of the hospitalized pregnant women and delivering babies!!!! No clinic work! Welcome my future!!! You do miss that continuity of care and being with a woman through her pregnancy journey, but your job is to make birthdays happen.

I always very much enjoyed visiting with Amy!!! It had been too long. It was great visit for me.

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com