Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a fantastic weekend! My in-laws, aka Mamaw and Papaw hosted Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, Josh always works the day before and after Thanksgiving, so we were only able to make a day trip. I know some of you are wondering - I did not do any of the cooking this year. Between the girls, school and a nasty stomach bug, it was not in our future. Fortunately, Mamaw, Karen and Josh's Aunt's Vickie and Martha whooped up a whole bunch of good food. Milly & Tilly helped some too once we were there:


It is so neat seeing all the cousins get together, and that bond already forming! Paula was even gracious enough to have her bean join the group. And no, we don't know boy or girl, s/he was just too bashful at the last appointment (although I'm going with boy...)

I though Thanksgiving would be the perfect day to throw some real food the girls' way! They enjoyed the broccoli cheese and rice casserole, green been casserole and mashed potatoes! I am not sure how much actually made it into their mouths vs. on their bibs and clothes (I seriously need smocks for these little piglets!).



After lunch was a much needed siesta!


And of course, we couldn't leave without a little playtime with Papaw. He seems to be enjoying the change from the three boys he raised!


Thanks again Mamaw and Papaw for having us, and to all those who fed us!

1 comment:

Tim and Heather said...

gosh Katherine, the girls are getting so big! Little cutie patooties- I bet you have your hands full! It'll be a fun Christmas this year :)

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com