Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas - Take Houston!

For the second half of Christmas Vacation, we headed down to Houston to visit my mom's side of the family.  I must admit, I was a little nervous about spending a week away with two toddlers - not necessarily hitting the road, but the day to day logistics.  However, the trip went super well and we had a blast!  I've learned the best road trips are those that you leave before the sun comes up!  We stayed with my Uncle Harry and Aunt Robin, and were fortunate to have a room for the girls, and a separate room for us upstairs.  My Aunt Linda loaned us one pack-n-play, so we only had to travel with one.  They put together a set of toys for the girls too!


The family gathered for Christmas dinner on Monday.  We started of GG's - Matilda couldn't wait to rip open their present.   They have loved the tunnel and tent!!!  Next we headed over to the Sparwasser's for dinner.  Unfortunately, I didn't get much opportunity to take many pictures (one hand per toddler left none for a camera....).
A couple nights later, my immediate family got together to open gifts.  
The girls had conquered opening their presents and had advanced to opening other's (yikes!)  Luckily Uncle James and Uncle Mark let them help open their presents!  

One of the girls' favorite presents - surprise surprise - SHOES!
One of the last days, we headed to the zoo!  The girls enjoyed having plenty of arms to pick them up for a better view of the animals!  

 Madelynn and Aunt Janice

Matilda and Grandma
And of course we brought along strollers for when their little legs got tired
Cousin Natalie & Maddie
The girls seemed to take quickly to Natalie - perhaps they remembered her from her visit when they were not even a week old!
And one the neatest parts - watching the girls get to know their cousin Ethan!  Ethan acted like a big brother to the girls while we were at the zoo (maybe because he became a big brother in August to Kinley Rae!).
 Even helping Maddie down the slide!
 Sadly, I feel like I missed a lot family pictures - we got a ton at the zoo, but not many from the other 6 days we were in Houston!  What was I thinking?!?!  We don't have any pictures with cousin Kayla or Aunt Robin, even though we stayed with them (Matilda even got a solo shopping trip with Aunt Robin, complete with a balloon, and both girls just adored Kayla, I didn't want to go anywhere without her!) - hopefully they've forgiven us for the girls present to them, the reason they missed the zoo - the yucky sickness!

I hope we are able to see everyone again soon!!!

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com