Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I am very blessed to have grown up with an awesome mother who showed us every day how much she loved us.  With my adventure in motherhood, I often reflect on my relationship with my mother.  Then when I got married, I became double fortunate with an awesome mother-in-law!  So, my mother's day weekend started with a pedicure on Saturday with my mother in law and sister in laws.  The five grandkids were cared for by the men folk while we enjoyed an afternoon of nachos, feet soaking and a little gossiping :)

Then Sunday started with a fresh cup of coffee and a clean house (the best gift ever, right?!?!).  Then we all made sausage & pancakes - even Maddie helped.

After breakfast, the girls kept saying "Outside."

The weather was so nice, I couldn't resist heading down to the bridge for a walk outside.

On the walk we even ran into one of the doctors that delivered the girls!  Next up was Walmart.  Then naptime, and movie time for Mom!  When the girls got up we headed back outside for some splashing in the water.



 Dad cooked some steaks while the girls and I got cleaned up.  And finally, the girls are getting close to bed, and I have a glass of red wine & Desperate Housewives calling my name.  What an amazing weekend, I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Thanks Josh for such an awesome Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Red Stethoscope said...

Happy Mother's Day! It's so nice that you're close to your MIL and your own mom. Win!

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com