Monday, January 26, 2009

They're so cute - 28/29 week MD visit

Today we had a growth ultrasound. Madelynn is 2 pounds 11 ounces, and Matilda is 2 pounds 7 ounces. They are pretty close to being on for their due date. Matilda is now "A" as she is lower and her head is not towards the cervix. They had a hard time getting a good head measurement for her, so I have a suspension that she may be closer to Madelynn's weight. Madelynn is a little higher up, sitting at a slight diagonal with her feet next to Matilda's by my right rib cage. I thought I just felt Matilda a lot more than Madelynn, but it turns out that their feet were all together. BFF already! Matilda would not turn the right way to get any good pictures, but we got TONS of Madelynn (I will get these up when Josh gets home). And, we got the 3D kind! Madelynn kept opening and closing her mouth. Josh has already claimed her pouty lips! I think they also have his nose (but it may be just pressed against the wall...) They reconfirmed that they are girls (phew!)
Then we went through the usual doctor's apt stuff - pee in a cup (no protein - yeah!) and weight. I am up 1 pound in the past 2 weeks; but don't forget I gained 10 for the month of December. So, I am up 19 pounds total. The doctor mentioned that Matilda's belly growth seems to be lagging a little bit. When growth restriction occurs, the belly is the first thing that starts to lag. Being that they're twins, and they share a placenta, they want to make sure that their isn't any growth restriction. The maternal fetal doctor is going to take a look at the ultrasound results and pictures, and I have another visit set for next Monday - more of a consult I believe. Their amniotic fluids were both good - in the 5 area. My doctor also mentioned that TTTS usually shows up before now, so everything is probably fine, they just want to monitor closer, and after next Monday, it will probably go back to visits every 2 weeks with an ultrasound in 3-4 weeks. Note that is was Madelynn that had the lower amniotic fluid earlier that they were concerned about - now it is Matilda. I am not as concerned this go round - ultrasounds are not extremely precise, so a lot of this could just be variation in measurement. But better safe than sorry.
So, that's it for now - we're just trying to hold out for 37 weeks!

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com