I wish I had a little more time to post on this subject lately. Originally, before sick babies, I really didn't think it was a problem. Now that it seems like one or the other of my kids is always sick, it has been quite the challenge! My days are already pretty spoken for between classes, mom duty and studying, that there isn't much room to budge. In med school, you can never study enough. You can't call in sick, the lectures just keep going. I guess the good thing is that you aren't penalized if you don't show up. This past week, after a evening doctors' visit, I took Matilda up to study with my study group. She wasn't feeling well, so I knew she'd sleep the whole time, and she did. When the girls are well, it usually isn't a problem for me to leave after they go to bed to study at school. But I know, it's hard taking care of two babies when at least one doesn't feel well so it becomes more difficult. Okay, enough of the pity party!
I am a wife, mother to identical twin girls, and soon to be ob/gyn resident! This is our journey of survival.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
On Being a Mom in Med School
I wish I had a little more time to post on this subject lately. Originally, before sick babies, I really didn't think it was a problem. Now that it seems like one or the other of my kids is always sick, it has been quite the challenge! My days are already pretty spoken for between classes, mom duty and studying, that there isn't much room to budge. In med school, you can never study enough. You can't call in sick, the lectures just keep going. I guess the good thing is that you aren't penalized if you don't show up. This past week, after a evening doctors' visit, I took Matilda up to study with my study group. She wasn't feeling well, so I knew she'd sleep the whole time, and she did. When the girls are well, it usually isn't a problem for me to leave after they go to bed to study at school. But I know, it's hard taking care of two babies when at least one doesn't feel well so it becomes more difficult. Okay, enough of the pity party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment