Well, after the high-risk group reviewed the ultrasound (as they do every ultrasound), it seems like there is reason to follow-up on the size difference between the girls just to make sure Madelynn is doing okay and there isn't any growth restriction going on. So, they called me today to see if I could come in for a non-stress test. So, we have an 8 am apt tomorrow. They will just hook monitors up for 20 minutes or so and watch the girls' heart rates and movement (I think...). Since the girls share a blood source, the want to make sure they are both getting enough nutrients and blood. It's a little concerning - as with anything that says there *might* be a problem and I may have said that all we are missing are the babies a little too loud yesterday. But, I am more confident that the girls are fine - just a product of defensive medicine, error rates on ultrasounds, and while identical, little differences occur - a little extra precaution never hurts!
I guess this is just another nudge that perhaps it is time to pack a bag for the hospital (yikes!). The good thing is that we literally live less than a mile from the hospital so it's easy to run home for things (I guess I won't make any of those trips - more Josh).
Well, wish us luck! I update the girls' results when we're done.
No comments:
Post a Comment