Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back to School, Back to School

Well, this past Monday I began my second year of medical school, I am now a M2! Classes are essentially 9 am - 3 pm. We sit in a class room and different lecturers come in and lecture to us. We are taking pharmacology, microbiology/immunology/paracitology, pathology, genetics, ethics, behavioral science and Intro to clinical medicine II. Yes, it's a lot! I am already overwhelmed and behind. Blah!
More importantly, where are the girls?!?!? My Mom flew in on Sunday and is keeping them. I know she is enjoying the bonding time. And with them sleeping from 8 pm to 7 am, it's a little easier (but the days can be a little tougher....) The girls classroom (I would rather school than daycare) begins next week. We originally wanted to wait until they were 6 months old before starting daycare, but that is when their class starts, so that's that. They'll be almost five months anyways. I was really anxious leading up to this change, but it has been SOOOOO busy, that I don't have time to really think about it.
So how do I study? Well, the schedule is that I study at school from when ever class gets out until 5:30 (what I am suppose to be doing now), when Josh picks me up from school. I then spend time with the family 100% until the girls go to bed at 8 pm. I know it doesn't seem like much time, it isn't really. But I guess I'll have to accept the old quality is more important than quantity argument. Then it's back to the books until 11 pm or so.
Am I ever going to lose the weight and get back into shape. I just don't know. I have a new work out buddy, and we've made a pact to hit the gym during lunch. And so far we have been - plus 30 minute abs twice per week. Tonight will be my 5th workout this week. And of course trying to diet. The only time in my life I didn't feel like eating was when I was pregnant, now I just can't seem to quit! So, another we'll see. Hopefully this will FINALLY be the plan that I can keep up with! I am sure y'all noticed, I think this is my 4th attempt since May!

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com