So what was on the list for this past week? Swaddling and dream feeds! First I decided to conquer the swaddling. I knew it would be rough,and the first night was, but we're getting the hang of it. I thought the girls were getting old enough to handle the task of self soothing better, and I started to envision swaddling one year olds, and decided there is no time like the present. So, Matilda handled it better than Madelynn, but we have been swaddle free for a week now. It took a couple of nights of me going in to put pacifiers back in (the first night included a number of trips), but I am so glad to have kicked that habit!
Would I swaddle again? Absolutely!!!!! It really helped our girls go to sleep, and sleep longer. We avoided the dangers of tummy sleeping and co-sleeping giving them their comfort in these cozy blankets. From the womb to the wide open world, I think they provided a good transition. One of my top baby must haves!
The dream feed! The dream feed was another blessing for us. It allowed us to put the girls in bed earlier, and return to a little adult time in the evenings. So, early on, the girls could go to bed at 8:30, have a dream feed at 11, and sleep until 6. That's huge in baby country. I don't know what I would have done without it. But, now that the girls are bigger, can handle more food, I decided it was time to kick this habit too! I noticed how quickly they adapted to eating more food when we went to the 4 hour time schedule, I figured that would adapt rather quickly to this too. The first night was rough. They made it until 2, when I had to go in every hour with one or the other, until I fed them at 6 am. They began taking 6 oz a feeding, and the next two nights were perfect, in bed by 8 pm, and slept until after 7! Way to go girls! For some reason this morning Madelynn was up a little after 5 am, so maybe I need to offer them more than 6 oz...hmmmmmm
Baby geniuses I tell you!
No comments:
Post a Comment