Yes, we're pregnant! Our first doctor visit a few weeks ago went well. I was 10 weeks. While my clothes were already snug, and I felt huge, I was actually down 2 pounds! This was the first time meeting my ob - Dr. Fallon. She is young and awesome. The first half of the appointment went quickly and I could even recognize the genetic diseases from cell bio and bio chem, so that was kind of fun! Dr. Fallon pulled in a portable ultra sound machine with the purpose of detecting a heartbeat. While looking at the machine - she asked "What do you think about twins?" We hadn't. And there on the screen was clearly one little baby (so cute) and then what looked like a second space. Twins!!! I think we were a little overwhelmed (and over joyed) at this point!
We were squeezed in for a full ultrasound to see what was really going on. And there they were - little arms and legs and everything! So cute! One baby had a heart beat of 173, the other 175. We had an A and a B!!!! Baby A was a tiny bit smaller than Baby B. Dr. Fallon returned with the maternal fetal doctor. He explained that Baby B looks really good - tons of space in the uterus. However, Baby A was in bottom and didn't have the plentiful uterus that Baby B did. My uterus also had something funny where it may even be pinching off Baby A - but they weren't sure. The size of the babies was fine and they both had plenty of amniotic fluid - but as he put if "Baby B is in the pent house, and baby A is in the outhouse." We just have to wait and see - they don't know exactly what is going on (I definitely know, in fact the above explanation may be completely inaccurate, except for the last quote, I remember that VERY clearly) - they can just as easily both be fine...
So - twins it is! We are both thrilled and feel incredibly blessed! We are just praying for them to continue to grow and do well! As Josh put it the other week - we love them already!
No comments:
Post a Comment