Monday, March 16, 2009

Good, Good and Good! 35/36 week MD appoitment

Well, today was a great doctor's appointment - but it means no babies yet!
I still have a trace of protein in my urine, but my blood pressure was 128/80. My doctor confirmed that the 24 hour urine collection was fine. So, no pre-eclampsia! Then, she reviewed the ultrasound results and confirmed that while their looked to be growth restriction of Madelynn in the past, they are right on now! They also passed their non-stress test (the weekly monitoring). You couldn't have aksed for better results. The bad news - there is no reason to induce! So, the earliest she'll schedule an induction is 38 weeks. Blah! They are head down, so it's a go for a vaginal delivery.
Okay - then came the "tmi" part of the visit - so some may want to skip this part. I had the group B strep test. Then she checked for dilation. Madelynn is sitting on my cervix and has pushed it posterior, making the checking - uh - challenging. But, the good news is that I am 1 cm dilated! Yeah! And 50% effaced (thinning of the cervix). Although, quite a few women stay at 1-3 cm dilated for quite a while... So, she said maybe I will go on my own next week.
In conclusion, we're doing great, just more sitting and waiting!

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com