We began Saturday with our birthing class. This was more related to signs and symptoms of labor, where you go, what you bring, stages of labor, medications etc... It wasn't related to lamaze or relaxation techniques. Well, finding the hospital for our class was easy since I see it 5 days a week! It is literally up the street. After everyone arrived, Josh looked and me and said "I think you're the most pregnant one here." I am still trying to figure out exactly what he meant... After about an hour of terms and definitions - episiotomies, stations, dilations etc... I think Josh's anxiety levels began to rise. However, the day ended with a wonderful tour! All rooms are private. While L&D and postpartum are not in the new hospital, it is in "Ward tower" which is directly attached. Some rooms have been renovated to include the hard wood floors, but not all. Either way, they are double rooms that are not singles so they are huge! They all have a rocking chair and another chair that pulls out into a twin size bed. There is no well baby nursery, so once they're here - they're ours! There are 2 c-section rooms, although they tend to only use one at a time to leave one open for an emergency.
We didn't get to see the NICU, but it is state of the art. It is in the new hospital (althought you can't tell teh difference when you exiting Ward tower and entering the new hospital). All the babies are in individual rooms, with a chair that pulls out for parents. The floor has a kitchen, as well as a washer and dryer. Hopefully we get to see it up close - especially as we are getting closer to that full term mark!
The hospital truely is incredible!

Next up was the baby shower. It was a lot of fun. I like doing all girl showers because you get to hear all sorts of crazy stories - like Josh's gradmothers home deliveries! The food was delicous and we definitely made out like bandits! Thanks again Paula and Sarah for hosting!
Thennnn, onto Rhea Lana - a huge child's consignemnt thing. I met up with another girl in my class who has a 1 yr old boy - Ralphie. They had everything! If weren't fortunate to have gotten a lot of hand me downs and gifts, this is were I would recommend you go to get everything you need for baby. Everything is required to be in good shape and boy did they have EVERYTHING! Lots of clothes, swings, playmates, exersaucers, carseats, cribs, bedding etc... I was shocked! And I found the car seat covers!!!!!! Yeah!
I finally made it back about 8:30 with a smattering of snow on the ground. What a day! Josh and I finished the evening off with Bones and hit the hay a little early.
I finally got to sleep in today! And then it was to organizing and putting away gifts and hand me downs. I guess back to studying!
Oh, I guess the update should include the answer to "How are you feeling" Well, the girls should be passing the 4 1/2 pound mark. Which would give me 9 pounds of baby (plus all that other stuff). For those who have had kids - if you remember those last couple weeks and those last fews days. More or less, it is starting to get rough! If you notice in the pictures - for some reason I think I am carrying higher than earlier. I think they are growing so fast that my skin can't losen enough to let my belly drop any. I feel Madelynn pressing against my lower left hip quite often (and Matilda in my upper right rib cage). I think the girls have split my pelvis in 2 and it is incredibly painful. The heartburn is inevitable. And my back has started to give into the weight. The doctor gave me meds to help with the sleeping. If it wasn't bad enough waking up every hour, the pain to roll over was making every evening miserable! But, I guess enough for the complaining - I'm in the home stretch, and definitely want to make it another couple weeks (few weeks at the most!)
Josh is putting in Sleeping Beauty - so I better grab my spot on the couch!
No comments:
Post a Comment