As we quickly approach 4 months, it is time to say bye bye to that 3 hour feeding schedule and hello to our new 4 our feeding schedule. As Tracey Hogg from the Baby Whisper taught me, by 4 months, they should be able to handle every 4 hour feedings. We started Monday. I was a little nervous, but the girls made it with great success to 4 hours to eat. They thougtht they would show me what they thought of the number 4 by waking up at 4 am Tuesday morning (yikes). We were able to coax them back to bed, until 7, when they were fed. The great thing is that they quickly learned that 3 oz would not tie them over and started eating more! It is a guaranteed 4 oz, with an occasional 5 oz now per feeding. In the land of our girlies, that's huge!!!! This is also helping them to stay up a little longer after their feeding, to then hopefully take longer naps. We are still working on this - but the idea now is that they eat at 7 am (usually awake at 6:30 though), stay up until as close till 9 as they will allow, nap until 11, eat, stay up until 1 pm, nap until 3, stay up as much as possible, with probably an evening cat nap, start baths between 7 and 7:30, and in bed around 8! Dream fed at 10:30. This is the goal. I am working on the solid naps like we did bedtime - if they wake up, I offer them a pacifier and coax them back to sleep. I didn't do this yesterday afternoon and ended up with a very grouchy Madelynn. I think they need the longer naps, and often when I see them waking up, I pick them up, when really they just need help getting back to sleep until they can fully do it on their own.
Wish us luck!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment