It's not a good thing. And with twins, quite often babies out number adults. So, my SIL (sister-in-law) Karen and I have begun taking the kiddos to Church. Week one went well, Karen and I each had a baby. Then, this past week, Karen brought Lauren, which meant 2 adults, 2 infants, and a 1 yr old. Well, for some reason, Madelynn was not a fan of the Mass. Step out of Church - she quiets down, back in, SCREAMS! Karen tried for a while, and got a lot of "There is a nursery down the hall..." In this debacle, I asked the lady in the pew in front of us to keep an eye on Matilda, so I could deal with Madelynn. The lady even sat the carseat in their pew. Yes, a complete stranger was watching my child. Finally Madelynn gave in, I just had to rock her. Then comes Communion. The lady asks if I mind if she takes Matilda up with her. As we walk up, I was holding Madelynn, Karen had Lauren, and a Matilda was with a stranger. At this point I ask Karen "Is it weird that a total stranger is taking one of my babies to communion?!?!?" Karen assured me that it is completely normal! As we sat down it hit me - this is why babies should never out number adults!
The plan for the next weeks - one of my girls will go to the nursery, and we'll alternate who goes to Mass, keeping the numbers even!
No comments:
Post a Comment