So, feeding the girls has been such a struggle, such a negative experience. Their pedi had told me that 3 oz was sufficient with 7 feedings per day. Well, getting them to take 3 oz was such a fight! Matilda would flip her head back and forth, and they would sit their with their mouths open, refusing to suck sometimes. It was getting to the point that I had difficulty feeding them at the same time and resorted to back to back feedings. Last Friday, I started contemplating trying new bottles. They always seemed to like the narrower infant nipples that they used in the NICU (those 2 oz enfamil bottles). I had also heard soooo many people using the Dr. Brown bottles. The only issue was all the parts to those bottles, and I don't have a dishwasher (for the 14 bottles we use everyday). Well, I received a booklet from Babies R Us with a 15% off coupon. I took that as a sign!
The result? The girls suck down a minimum 3 oz in under 15 minutes!!!! I can't beleive it took me 3 months to figure that out!!! The only issue now is spitting up. So, I think we have to cut them off at 3 oz even though they'll often take 4 if you let them.
Oh, they will sleep till 7 most mornings with their full tummies!
No comments:
Post a Comment