Monday, June 8, 2009

Birthday Bonanza!

This weekend my niece Lauren turned 1 and my brother in law also had a birthday! So, they had a huge party in Sheridan, where they live. My Uncle Greg was driving to Kentucky from Texas to see my other uncle and stopped in. I can't believe I missed taking a picture of Uncle Greg with the girls. Uncle Greg will be a new Grandpa in December, so I told the girls to be on their best behavior as to not scare him and they were. I think they slept every moment that Uncle Greg was around!!!! While we are on the subject of other people being pregnant - I am obsessed! I love hearing everyone's stories - how they're feeling (love it or hate it), movement, names etc... I think everyone should be pregnant! I love watching baby bumps grow! While I was miserable towards the end and thought that I would never want to do that ever again, now I miss it! It is probably a good thing that I am in school, because otherwise I think I would be ready for number 3. But, after seeing the soon to be daycare bill (yikes!), it will definitely be a long while for us :-(.
Anyways, as part of the party for my niece, we planted flowers to create Lauren's Garden. How cute!

Even Madelynn got involved.
To match the theme, the cake was a dirt cake!
Lauren dove head first into it! I love seeing all the gifts for one year old girls, thinking, it won't be long (sadly...).
As always, the girls were a hit at the party, my best accessory! They wore the cutest party dresses, if I do say so my self. They were passed around tons, and got tons of kisses from Mamaw (the best kind of kisses of course!).

Then the party switched to Jeff and his friend Allan's party.


Their brother Brian does an incredible fish fry with super delicious hush puppies. I can't even imagine how many fish he brought and fried.
The girls got some quality time with Uncle Brian and Aunt Paula.

It was also nice to see my cousin Sara and Justin!

As the night fell, the kids went home and it turned into an adult party, so for the first time, this meant I was in the category of time to go home. It would have been nice to stay, and party again, but, I am not ready to leave the girls with anyone over night. I'd like to think they still need their Mom.
So, Happy Birthday Lauren and Jeff! Thanks for having us!
On another topic - how is the sleeping going? Well, it depends day by day. They are back to being pretty good sleepers at night (just not always), we really just need to match a good last feed with sleeping. This sounds easier than done. If you feed them too close together, they won't eat that last one well. But, you can't hold them off too long... So, we are working on it. I have begun napping them in their cribs - where they are now allowing me to blog. I am amazed that they do so well being put in their cribs awake and drifting off to sleep on their own!!!! I think it is the best mobile in the world - the rain forest one! Thanks Sarah for letting us borrow it! I will definitely post when we move from 6 to 7 hour stretches to 8+ consistently.

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com