Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ahhhh, we've regressed!

As soon as I posted that the girls were sleeping 6 or so hour stretches at night, they started waking up in the middle of the night again!!!! WTH? Before when people said - oh you must be exhausted? I was able to reply with a smile - "No, the girls sleep well!" My answer now? "Yes!" It stated Tuesday morning, waking up at 5. Then Wednesday's 3:30, and then 6:30. And today's 4:15. Yes, it could be worse, but I thought these days were past. The amount of things I can get done during the day is decreasing and decreasing as I add in a personal nap.
I think the problem is we are not getting a good night feeding before they hit the sac. They are tired from the bath, take a couple hours and are ready to sleep. We do not have a problem getting them to go to sleep at night, its keeping them there! I think, when we were more successful, the girls were breastfeed before the bath, bathed and then bottle fed. I always assumed they didn't get much from me, and really it was the bottle. I think when I discontinued nursing at night, they now only get their bottle after the bath and they are too tired. So, they are hungry earlier.
So, what's the new plan of attack? First, more diligently sticking to eating, activity, sleep, then me time (EASY method). Putting them in their cribs for more formal naps, but only after they had their activity. Its hard to get them up after they are getting sleepy post bottle. But, that's the plan. Then, tonight, I am hoping to feed 7 or 8 ish, then baths following, then top off with an ounce or two. Then, before going to bed, maybe doing a dream feed (another top off). We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if I am re-evaluating tomorrow morning...
I am sure it could be a lot worse - even with just one baby!

12:51 - Edit - I was unsuccessful in keeping the girls awake post lunch bottle (thus I have time to post)!!!! So, they are both napping - in their cribs - yeah! At least I have time to wash bottles before it's time to eat again! Maybe this is good - they'll be up more in the later afternoon as oppose to wanting their longer nap early evening... Will update later

1 comment:

Jill said...

Good luck. It's so hard to figure out their schedules. I'll be praying for you to get some real restful sleep.

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com