I am a wife, mother to identical twin girls, and soon to be ob/gyn resident! This is our journey of survival.
Monday, June 8, 2009
How much do 2 babies cost?
We are beginning to find out! It was about $1000 a piece for the delivery. $6,100 for the hospital stay (X2 of course) and then I think $1500 per baby for doctors while they were in the nursery. So, the girls cost about $15,000 just to be born!!!! (Note: this does not include all of the prenatal care - the ultrasounds, monitoring etc...) Thank goodness for insurance! I can't imagine if we didn't have insurance for the girlies. I must say, they are worth way more than that though! It's true what they say, it is about a thousand dollars per day in the NICU, so I can't imagine if we would have had a 30 day stay + stay like a lot of the other babies in the NICU. We are very blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment