Thursday, June 18, 2009

Double Digit Babies! Their 2/3 month MD apt

We spent yesterday afternoon at the doctor's office. I knew the girls had gotten big and was ready for the proof. Matilda weighed in at 10.1 pounds and Madelynn 10.8 pounds! This is the 10th percentile for their age, but the doctor told me just to look at what babies would weigh at the 3 week earlier mark, since they were 3 weeks early - this bumps them up to the 25th-50th percentile. So, we're growing right on track! Madelynn is 22.5 in long, and Matilda is 21.5. Scary to think I was 21.5 in when I was born! We saw the resident that they saw in the hospital, who I think is fabulous! He remebered the girls and noted that it was such a pleasant surprise to see them yesterday. He was very impressed by their developmental milestones - smiling, maintaining eye contact, lifting their head when on their stomach and placing weight on their feet (they can even pretend to walk). The girls were little fuss pots while we were talking (which is unusual for them, they are almost always on their best behaivor in public), but as soon as he got them on the table they would smile at him and jabber away! Little flirters. He was so impressed with how interactive the girls are. The girls LOVE to be talked to, and will listen for as long as you keep going. They will give huge grins and make tons of noises back at you.
Then came the icky part - shots!!!! I could tell the doctor was not a fan of giving babies shots (so he didn't do them), but the nurse who gave them was a pro. Madelynn went first and wailed. I tried to calm her down while the nurse took Matilda. I got a little nervous knowing that one was still crying and I was about to have another wailer on my hands. Matilda screamed even louder!!!! By the time she was done, Madelynn was okay to go in her carseat and I held Matilda for a little while. We then slowly proceeded to the car (which is the only way you can proceed with 2 infant carriers). The girls were sounds alseep in their carseats. Madelynn whimpered quite a bit so I just rocked her for a while. Matilda slept until Josh got home. Neither really felt like eating much for dinner. I then took Madelynn with me to dinner with a friend who was in from out of town and another friend. She slept the entire time. A little after I got back Matilda started running a temp of 100.9, but that seems to have subsided. Last night was on and off again all night as the girls would wake up not feeling well and need some snuggling. I think they normally wake up and go back to sleep during the night, but not last night. But, I knew they would and had as many snuggles as they needed ready for them.
The girls are suppose to be napping in their crib - Matilda is, but I think I here Madelynn up again...

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com