While this has nothing to do the babies - I am so excited to announce my first A in med school!!!! I found the first 8 weeks (biochem and cell biology - not to mention nausea and fatigue) difficult and went to bed every night just hoping that I was still eligible to attend the next day.
After fall break, our schedule switched, and now we have micro anatomy (with embryology and histology), physiology, gross anatomy and Introduction to Clinical Medicine. It is organized so that we go through different systems - so all the classes cover their view point of a system/organ. So, our first "block" was musculoskeltal - the back and the arm. We then have an integrated exam - a 4 hour exam with all the questions from the classes mixed together, all covering the "block" topic. They are then sorted into the physiology vs. micro anatomy questions to give individual class grades. Oh, and you have a lab practical where they tag different parts of cadavers and we have to identify (usually the muscle, innervation, blood supply, action etc...). We start at a section, and every 72 seconds, a buzzer goes off and you move to the next station. It finishes in about an hour.
Any who, I just got my final grades and I got my very first A in physiology - a top third of the class (everything is ranked) grade!!! Needless to say, I have a little more work to do in the other classes, but I definitely passed them!
Our next test is this Friday (yikes!) and this block has been all about the heart! Here's hoping for some repeat performances!
1 comment:
Congratulations!!! You've had a love for science and then anything medical since you were 7 years old and first announced you wanted to be a coroner. Why a coroner? At 7 you said because you could solve mysteries and wouldn't have to worry about anybody talking back to you.
My how you've grown. You have clearly found your passion.
Good luck on this week's test.
Mom
Post a Comment