Monday, November 17, 2008

We're Thinking....

PINK!!!! Two little girls on the way - I am sure they will both be Daddie's girls... Josh, the girls and I had a great visit today! The first hour was spent doing the ultrasound. There is nothing like seeing both babies pop up on the screen. They are laying "butt to butt" - or what I view as vertical, side by side. Baby A is on my left and Baby B on the right, with her head in my cervix. The babies have spread their playing room from the cervix to up and over by belly button, into the top part of my ribs. The ultrasound tech was surprised at how high Baby A was. FYI: I beleive Baby A was named B in the last ultrasound. Baby A kept moving up and down. Every now and again, you would see an extra arm or leg come into the picture! Best Friends already. The tech was able to get all of the measurements, and when we were getting a measurement of the legs I thought I saw some boy parts. But no! She said she couldn't confirm at that point girl, but she was not spotting the boy parts... Baby A is hogging a lot of the uterus!


Baby A

The picture isn't very good - but I will scan them all in this weekend.

Then we moved onto Baby B. Baby B is stationed quite low and is a little wigglier. She was sitting in a lady like position - legs crossed at the ankles. Often, when the tech was tring to get a picture of a certain body part, she would then hide it - like her hands! The tech did get a good picture of her girlie parts to confirm that they were little girls!!!! In the picture below, she looked like she was even laughing! She really showed off in the 3D ultrasound pictures!

They did turn on the 3d scanner (I didn't even know they had that!!!) and we have some good pictures. They didn't turn out very well when I was trying to put them on here, but I will scan them soon and post.

Baby A is 8 oz (49th percentile) and B is 7 oz (20th percentile). My ob said this was fine and that as long B stays in the 20th percentile, they won't worry. They will continue to monitor to make sure that the placenta is giving supply to both Babies. The final read on the ultrasound was that every one was normal, and that I will have another ultrasound in 6 weeks (which is normal for twins) and have an office visit with my MD at 4 weeks.

I also had labs done - routine screenings. I did decline the "quad screen" which looks for down syndrome, spina bifida, and trisomy 18. These problems are often seen in the ultrasound - issues with the heart, clinched fists etc... There is a considerable amount of false positives (which is even increased with twins). A positive would mean a meeting with a genetic counselor, and an even higher level ultrasound to see if anything was wrong. There can be a 2-3 week wait between a positive and a genetic counselor. Since the ultrasound looked normal, and I wouldn't be doing anything if we did have a positive, I figured what was the point.

As for weight gain - I am up 5 pounds from my weight last month. Not too bad for twins!

I am sure everyone is wondering how is Josh taking the news of girls. He is super excited! He couldn't be happier. He is a big softy, and I am pretty sure the girls already have him wrapped around their fingers!

1 comment:

Brad said...

Congratulations! We are so thrilled that you're having girlies.

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com