Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Big Decision (I think...) - The Crib


Finding a crib has proven more challenging (and expensive) than we thought. Josh and I have made one trip to Babies R Us, and didn't find anything we liked. I have an obsession with sleigh style beds because that was the first "good" bed I had. Josh didn't have any rules of thumb for the style, but definitely used his veto power. The other thing was we wanted to get the "4(or 3) in 1" styles that go from baby, to toddler and then full size bed. After some exhaustive on-line searches, I think we found one we like! We also read the reviews (429 of them!) which were positive. On top of that, I was talking with one of my peers, showed her the crib, and it was the EXACT same one she had. She loves hers! And the price is right ($159.93 - times 2 of course!).

Ohhhh, one decision that we did make from the Babies R Us trip was that if they are boys, the room will be a jungle theme! We haven't picked the exact ones (since they may be girls...), but this way they could have their own bedding, but there would still be a theme! Josh liked one with a lion, I liked one with a monkey. For some reason, we can't really figure out what we'll do for girl bedding. Can you do jungle theme for girls????

1 comment:

Mom said...

The sleigh bed served you well. Handcrafted by the Amish, it was a comfortable bed and served you well clear through college.

The sleigh cribs are adorable. The jungle theme for boys is soooooo cute. I really like the idea of one theme but yet separate bedding for each crib. I really like the bedding in picture 1 and 3.

The "3 in 1" design is so practical.

Mom

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com