Sunday, November 23, 2008

Did I really just order that?

For the most part of this pregnancy, I have more food aversions than cravings. My issue is more finding something to eat, than wanting to eat all the time. A couple days ago, Josh and I went out to dinner - a little place call The Purple Cow. They are well known for the shakes and ice cream. Well, I decided that what I wanted was a banana split for dinner (they are also known for their burgers, which I don't even want to touch...). Then, there it was on the menu - FRIED PICKLES!!! Not the sliced ones, the spears. I LOVE fried pickles - not just a pregnancy thing, I have had a true obsession with fried pickles for the past 5-6 years. So of course, we had to get those. After the waitress took our order, and I heard myself say "I'll have the fried pickles to start, and then a banana split" - I thought - oh my gosh, I really am pregnant - fried pickles and ice cream!!!!
Josh has definitely changed from trying to get me to eat healthy in the beginning to just trying to find something that I will eat! He quickly learned that if I don't want it - it will come back up. And if it's before noon and my stomach hurts - you still need to grab a trash can - second trimester or not... After the nurse at our last appointment inquired about how much water I drink and that not drinking enough could lead to preterm labor, every time I turn around Josh is giving me water! I have never appreciated my pre-pregnancy digestive system so much...

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com