Sunday, November 23, 2008

And the Search for Bedding Continues...

We are having a really hard time deciding on bedding. Do we buy matching bedding? Pick a theme and find two that fit within the theme? Opposite colors? Do we buy a bedding set or create one on our own? As with all the other big purchases for the babies - when you start buying 2, they get expensive - so how much should we spend on the bedding? We have been doing our virtual searches at the big 3 - Target, Walmart and Babies R Us. Although, we think our favorite is at JC Penny.They are simple, but we like elephant theme. We like having individual colors. They are a little more than we would like to spend, so I have continued looking.
Below are some of our favorites from Target:


The top one is our favorite from target. We like the embroidery...
Onto Wal-Mart!

The top one seems like so much fun (at the right price)! It has good reviews and a friend of mine also has this bedding and loves it. The issue we have is - what would be the second bedding?!?! I am not sure we want 2 of this one! We also like the second one, the simplicity. It could match the other embroidered one from Target...
Lastly, Babies R Us -




One of thoughts here is that we could also do one of the elephant bedding and then one of the butterfly bedding (although in all the other bedding we looked at, I am not a fan of the butterfly, I like it here!). We really like the idea of pink and brown... I wouldn't count the lower two out though, I tend to change my mind...
Our last thought was to build the bedding. Babies are not recomended to sleep with blankets until at least 9 months making the quilt irrelevant. So, we have thought about just getting bumpers, sheets and crib skirts. It would be pink and brown (so one pink bumper, one brown, they switch for the sheets etc...) Below are the bumpers we would use from Babies R Us if we go this route. Oh, the other thought then is we would embroider the bumpers with names... And the search goes on...

No comments:

href="http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com